Abel Communications is a fast-growing PR firm based in Baltimore with regional and national clients. We are seeking talented, creative, driven individuals to join our entrepreneurial team.
Abel Communications, one of Baltimore’s most dynamic and fastest-growing PR firms, is seeking a new Account Director. In this leadership position you will manage a team of four to six employees, oversee strategy for ten to fifteen clients and be a core member of the leadership team at Abel. The right candidate will have senior level client strategy skills, a proven track record of managing successful teams, and a keen understanding of the PR landscape with a focus on growing an agency through existing relationships and business development.
- Act as the leader of a team managing a diverse group of accounts, with responsibility for staffing allocation, resources, profitability, and client satisfaction
- Support the firm’s hiring and retention efforts, with specific responsibility for the professional development and success of assigned team members
- Develop the strategy and oversee the implementation of client PR programs while always looking for ways to grow accounts
- Develop and oversee the creation of client creative materials, including media materials, videos, social campaigns, etc. for all teams’ clients
- Manage at least $500K in annual revenue for the company
- Demonstrate advanced client relations skills, including a successful client attraction, retention and organic growth and/or expansion record
- Support the firm’s new business activity with ideas, expertise and new relationships to explore.
- Positively represent Abel Communications at networking and industry events, conferences and local business meetings
- Educate clients and Abel Communications staff as needed on industry trends, metrics, troubleshooting, best practices, etc.
- Exhibit a solid track record in placing high profile media; maintain active relationships with influential journalists
- Develop concept/strategy and oversee the creation of client creative materials, including media materials, videos, social campaigns, etc.
- Oversee client reporting and provide counsel on measurement for the team’s clients
- Play a clear leadership role in the management of Abel Communications, supporting the Executive team with employee retention and recruiting, client relations and process, new service development, business development, and cultivating the Abel culture
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related fields
- 7+ years of PR agency or in-house communications department experience
- Successful experience pitching local and national media
- Experience and success managing clients with annual PR budgets of $120k+
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Track record of of successfully developing content for an organization’s social accounts
- Knowledge of paid media and social media landscape
- Active on social media and up-to-date on current trends and platforms
- Passion for the profession and interest in new trends and developments in PR and marketing
- Experience managing people, staffing, budgets and profitability
- Previous experience as main point of contact for client accounts, managing staffing and profitability
- Proven track record of sales and business development
- Established center of influence in PR and business community
- Gives back to the community through regular involvement in a nonprofit board or other volunteer opportunity that support personal and professional growth
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Abel Communications, one of Baltimore’s most dynamic and fastest-growing PR firms, is seeking a new Account Manager. This position focuses on managing the account strategy, client relations, media relations, project management and content development for clients. The right candidate will have senior level client management experience and skills; a deep understanding of, and passion for the PR and strategic communications landscape; and a proven ability to set strategy, prioritize tasks, manage teams, and deliver accountable results.
- Serve as the primary contact and play a clear leadership role for three or moreclients, managing staffing and profitability
- Manage the implementation of clients’ scopes-of-work and ensure client deliverables are successfully met on deadline
- Demonstrate creativity and proactivity by leading group brainstorms, developing new story ideas, and providing strategic recommendations on integrated communications approaches
- Demonstrate a solid track record of regularly placing high profile media results on behalf of clients, showcasing a strong ROI for the client
- Develop relationships with key top-tier/”Most Wanted” media and regularly shares new media contacts and opportunities with Abel Communications staff
- Develop or oversee content creation for client collateral, including media materials, videos, social campaigns, etc.
- Provide reporting, advice and counsel on measurement for all program activities
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members, including providing guidance on their professional growth
- Display a strong understanding of and effectively communicate Abel Communications’ service offerings to existing clients and continually provide new and ‘fresh’ ideas for renewal/expansion proposals
- Play a leadership role in the sales process by identifying new potential clients and assisting with RFP responses, pitch presentations, proposals, etc. with supervision and approval from senior leadership
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5-10+ years of PR agency or communications department experience
- Successful experience pitching to local and national media
- Successfully managed clients with annual PR budgets of 90k+
- Demonstrate strong writing and communication skills
- Successfully managed an organization’s social accounts, developed strategy, and has understanding of paid
- Previous experience as main point of contact for client, managing staffing and profitability
- Successfully managed people, staffing, budgets and profitability
- Proven sales or business development experience
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to email@example.com with subject line: Account Manager Candidate.
The Abel Associate Program
We are looking for energetic, motivated and detail-oriented new PR professionals for the Abel Associate program. The paid position offers college seniors and recent college graduates the opportunity to work directly with our account teams, providing support for all facets of the PR process including writing, social media, media relations and account organization.
Previous PR/communications internships and relevant experience and coursework is REQUIRED. A successful candidate must have excellent writing and organizational skills. Abel Associates work side-by-side with our seasoned pros in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. A typical day of an Abel Associate includes:
- Building media lists
- Researching editorial opportunities
- Contributing to clients’ social media accounts
- Drafting press materials including press release and media advisories
- Compiling media clippings and client reports
Depending on agency needs, the Abel Associate may have the opportunity to work up to full-time, 40 hours per week. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Abel Associate Candidate.
We are always looking for people to help us grow and tackle new challenges. Don’t see an open position that fits your expertise but think you would be a great fit? Drop us a line at email@example.com and tell us why!