Abel Communications is a fast-growing PR firm based in Baltimore with regional and national clients. We are seeking talented, creative, driven individuals to join our entrepreneurial team.
Abel Communications, one of Baltimore’s most dynamic and fastest-growing PR firms, is seeking a new Account Manager. This position focuses on managing the account strategy, client relations, media relations, project management and content development for clients. The right candidate will have senior level client management experience and skills; a deep understanding of, and passion for the PR and strategic communications landscape; and a proven ability to set strategy, prioritize tasks, manage teams, and deliver accountable results.
- Serve as the primary contact and play a clear leadership role for three or moreclients, managing staffing and profitability
- Manage the implementation of clients’ scopes-of-work and ensure client deliverables are successfully met on deadline
- Demonstrate creativity and proactivity by leading group brainstorms, developing new story ideas, and providing strategic recommendations on integrated communications approaches
- Demonstrate a solid track record of regularly placing high profile media results on behalf of clients, showcasing a strong ROI for the client
- Develop relationships with key top-tier/”Most Wanted” media and regularly shares new media contacts and opportunities with Abel Communications staff
- Develop or oversee content creation for client collateral, including media materials, videos, social campaigns, etc.
- Provide reporting, advice and counsel on measurement for all program activities
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members, including providing guidance on their professional growth
- Display a strong understanding of and effectively communicate Abel Communications’ service offerings to existing clients and continually provide new and ‘fresh’ ideas for renewal/expansion proposals
- Play a leadership role in the sales process by identifying new potential clients and assisting with RFP responses, pitch presentations, proposals, etc. with supervision and approval from senior leadership
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5-10+ years of PR agency or communications department experience
- Successful experience pitching to local and national media
- Successfully managed clients with annual PR budgets of 90k+
- Demonstrate strong writing and communication skills
- Successfully managed an organization’s social accounts, developed strategy, and has understanding of paid
- Previous experience as main point of contact for client, managing staffing and profitability
- Successfully managed people, staffing, budgets and profitability
- Proven sales or business development experience
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to email@example.com with subject line: Account Manager Candidate.
Social Media Account Executive/Sr. Account Executive
Abel Communications, one of Baltimore’s most dynamic and fastest-growing PR firms, is seeking a mid-level Social Media Account Executive or Senior Account Executive to support social marketing efforts for our agency and its clients.
The right candidate will have experience successfully creating and managing social media campaigns, while working in concert with PR and advertising teams. They will have experience with both social media strategy and execution. Most importantly, this person must value creativity and experimentation, have a clear passion for social and digital, and a proven ability to achieve client business goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience developing social media strategies and execution plans
- Experience creating and promoting written, photographic, and video content for social media use
- Demonstrated expertise in effective measurement, beyond audience growth and engagement metrics
- Demonstrated understanding of paid social campaign strategy and tactics
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with video/photo editing skills a plus
- Highly proficient organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- General understanding of “digital best practices,” including organic search, paid search, mobile, email, web analytics and related disciplines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines and multiple priorities
- Three – five years of experience in social media strategy and execution
- Proven experience helping others understand social media through ongoing education, content publishing, conference attendance, thought leadership, etc.
- History of owning and managing client accounts and nurturing client relationships
- Agency experience preferred
Interested applicants should send a resume, work samples, and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Social Media Account Executive
Salary is negotiable based on experience and value that the candidate brings to the firm. Our firm offers a competitive compensation package with benefits including company-supported health, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, short-term disability, life insurance, a wellness program including free yoga classes, and a flexible and creative work environment. A-Players only need apply.
The Abel Associate Program
We are looking for energetic, motivated and detail-oriented new PR professionals for the Abel Associate program. The paid position offers college seniors and recent college graduates the opportunity to work directly with our account teams, providing support for all facets of the PR process including writing, social media, media relations and account organization.
Previous PR/communications internships and relevant experience and coursework is REQUIRED. A successful candidate must have excellent writing and organizational skills. Abel Associates work side-by-side with our seasoned pros in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. A typical day of an Abel Associate includes:
- Building media lists
- Researching editorial opportunities
- Contributing to clients’ social media accounts
- Drafting press materials including press release and media advisories
- Compiling media clippings and client reports
Depending on agency needs, the Abel Associate may have the opportunity to work up to full-time, 40 hours per week. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and relevant work samples to email@example.com with subject line: Abel Associate Candidate.
We are always looking for people to help us grow and tackle new challenges. Don’t see an open position that fits your expertise but think you would be a great fit? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why!