Abel Communications, one of Baltimore’s most dynamic and fastest-growing PR firms, is seeking a new Account Director. In this leadership position you will manage a team of four to six employees, oversee strategy for ten to fifteen clients and be a core member of the leadership team at Abel. The right candidate will have senior level client strategy skills, a proven track record of managing successful teams, and a keen understanding of the PR landscape with a focus on growing an agency through existing relationships and business development.
- Act as the leader of a team managing a diverse group of accounts, with responsibility for staffing allocation, resources, profitability, and client satisfaction
- Support the firm’s hiring and retention efforts, with specific responsibility for the professional development and success of assigned team members
- Develop the strategy and oversee the implementation of client PR programs while always looking for ways to grow accounts
- Develop and oversee the creation of client creative materials, including media materials, videos, social campaigns, etc. for all teams’ clients
- Manage at least $500K in annual revenue for the company
- Demonstrate advanced client relations skills, including a successful client attraction, retention and organic growth and/or expansion record
- Support the firm’s new business activity with ideas, expertise and new relationships to explore.
- Positively represent Abel Communications at networking and industry events, conferences and local business meetings
- Educate clients and Abel Communications staff as needed on industry trends, metrics, troubleshooting, best practices, etc.
- Exhibit a solid track record in placing high profile media; maintain active relationships with influential journalists
- Develop concept/strategy and oversee the creation of client creative materials, including media materials, videos, social campaigns, etc.
- Oversee client reporting and provide counsel on measurement for the team’s clients
- Play a clear leadership role in the management of Abel Communications, supporting the Executive team with employee retention and recruiting, client relations and process, new service development, business development, and cultivating the Abel culture
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related fields
- 7+ years of PR agency or in-house communications department experience
- Successful experience pitching local and national media
- Experience and success managing clients with annual PR budgets of $120k+
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Track record of of successfully developing content for an organization’s social accounts
- Knowledge of paid media and social media landscape
- Active on social media and up-to-date on current trends and platforms
- Passion for the profession and interest in new trends and developments in PR and marketing
- Experience managing people, staffing, budgets and profitability
- Previous experience as main point of contact for client accounts, managing staffing and profitability
- Proven track record of sales and business development
- Established center of influence in PR and business community
- Gives back to the community through regular involvement in a nonprofit board or other volunteer opportunity that support personal and professional growth
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Account Director Candidate.
Abel Communications respects and values diversity and is committed to creating a culture that is inclusive. Abel Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.