Abel Communications, one of Baltimore’s most dynamic and fastest-growing PR firms, is seeking a new Account Manager. This position focuses on managing the account strategy, client relations, media relations, project management and content development for clients. The right candidate will have senior level client management experience and skills; a deep understanding of, and passion for the PR and strategic communications landscape; and a proven ability to set strategy, prioritize tasks, manage teams, and deliver accountable results.
- Serve as the primary contact and play a clear leadership role for three or moreclients, managing staffing and profitability
- Manage the implementation of clients’ scopes-of-work and ensure client deliverables are successfully met on deadline
- Demonstrate creativity and proactivity by leading group brainstorms, developing new story ideas, and providing strategic recommendations on integrated communications approaches
- Demonstrate a solid track record of regularly placing high profile media results on behalf of clients, showcasing a strong ROI for the client
- Develop relationships with key top-tier/”Most Wanted” media and regularly shares new media contacts and opportunities with Abel Communications staff
- Develop or oversee content creation for client collateral, including media materials, videos, social campaigns, etc.
- Provide reporting, advice and counsel on measurement for all program activities
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members, including providing guidance on their professional growth
- Display a strong understanding of and effectively communicate Abel Communications’ service offerings to existing clients and continually provide new and ‘fresh’ ideas for renewal/expansion proposals
- Play a leadership role in the sales process by identifying new potential clients and assisting with RFP responses, pitch presentations, proposals, etc. with supervision and approval from senior leadership
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5-10+ years of PR agency or communications department experience
- Successful experience pitching to local and national media
- Successfully managed clients with annual PR budgets of 90k+
- Demonstrate strong writing and communication skills
- Successfully managed an organization’s social accounts, developed strategy, and has understanding of paid
- Previous experience as main point of contact for client, managing staffing and profitability
- Successfully managed people, staffing, budgets and profitability
- Proven sales or business development experience
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Account Manager Candidate.
Abel Communications respects and values diversity and is committed to creating a culture that is inclusive. Abel Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.