Abel Communications, one of Baltimore’s most dynamic and fastest-growing PR firms, is seeking a Creative Director. In this position you will lead internal and external creative teams and drive the creative vision for Abel Communications and its clients.
The right candidate will have a track record of developing and delivering effective ideas and campaigns that support business goals. He or she should be an outstanding writer with senior level project management skills and a keen understanding of various creative platforms and opportunities, from digital to experiential and more.
- Act as the creative leader of the firm, managing an internal team and network of external resources as needed
- Support business development efforts with creative ideas, sell through, and execution
- Support and promote our firm’s unique culture through creative ideas and activations
- Establish individual goals and objectives for direct reports
- Provide strong creative direction and quality control over concepts and projects
- Traffic manage creative projects to ensure all projects are appropriately staffed, profitable and delivered in a timely manner
- Oversee branding, research, graphic design, photography and video projects
- Through creative collaboration, support our branded ideation experience – the Abel Innovation Lab – and lead internal brainstorm sessions
- Manage at least $300K in annual project revenue for the company
- Positively represent Abel Communications at networking and industry events, conferences and local business meetings
- Educate clients and Abel Communications staff as needed on creative trends, metrics, best practices, etc.
- Use behavioral data and insights to inform and influence clients and ultimately increase client engagement and conversion
- Play a clear leadership role, working with the Executive team on agency leadership initiatives including employee retention and recruiting, client relations and process, new service development, business development, and cultivation of the Abel culture and brand
- BA or BS in Graphic Design, Marketing, or related fields
- 7+ years of related experience (copywriting, creative direction)
- Creative experience with multiple media types
- Ability to motivate and lead others in the development and execution of creative projects
- Ability to direct and manage external creative teams and agencies
- Must provide a portfolio of relevant work samples
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience inspiring and leading creative teams
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suite expertise
- Experience succeeding in a fast-paced growth environment involving time-sensitive, complex projects
- Social media ideation and analytics experience
- Active on social media and up-to-date on current trends and platforms
- Established center of influence in PR and business community
- Gives back to the community through regular involvement in a nonprofit board or other volunteer opportunities that support personal and professional growth
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Creative Director Candidate.
Abel Communications respects and values diversity and is committed to creating a culture that is inclusive. Abel Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.